Monday, November 06, 2006

"Fitz" Title Sequence

I have continued my practice of attempting 2,594 projects at the same time, and accomplishing none of them.

One of the projects near to my heart is "Fitz." I completed the screenplay with one of my partners, Chris Daniel, in 2005. We searched fruitlessly for animation companies to tackle the animation for us. The lowest estimate came from a Flash animation facility, which gave us a bid of around $100,000 for limited animation and little lip synch. Others estimated the costs to be in the several hundred thousand dollars. Yes, I know it's relatively cheap, but none of the companies offered what we really thought the project needed.

So we decided to do the damn thing ourselves.

Well, sort of. Our solution involved creating rougher animatics of scenes, utilizing my own brand of haphazard, slapdash Flash animation, in order to get a sense of timing and style to the movie. While I can certainly tackle graphic arts and handle character design fairly well, I DO NOT have the patience for full-fledged animation (see above). Still, I think it turned out okay.

The story involves three retards named Fitz, Stumpy, and Big Don. Yes, they are actually retarded. They live in a retard orphanage named "Churchill's Downs." The caretaker, Churchill, farms out his retards to local businesses in order to collect their paychecks, and the businesses, in turn, receive tax credits. The three retards get into a series of misadventures, desperately attempting to grasp the meanings of some of life's more disturbing oddities, such as quiefs, condoms, and retard sex. Despite all of the obstacles thrown in their way, the three (lovable, mostly) retards manage to overcome all odds and become unlikely heroes.

Suffice it to say that "Fitz" is not "Saturday matinee with the kids" material. It's a hard R-rated movie, filled to the brim with sex, foul language, and non-PC ideals.

Here is the rough cut of the title sequence to "Fitz."

Ugh ... I need a new project, or several million to finish this one.

25 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Stevenapolis said...

Somebody give Ray 10 million dollars quick!!! Ray that was hilarious! I'm not sure why almost all of your work is R-rated but at least it's top notch stuff. Try som PG-13 stuff for a change, you know somthin with substance and a lack of crude humor. Then the offers will start flowin.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Kshitij L said...

I love Foghat.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger sammyray said...

Well Foghat is hardly what one would call a great band, but that song is damn cool.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Butchie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger sammyray said...

I deleted it because you're obviously not able to handle your own medicine.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger sammyray said...

LOL I have you linked there, not as a friend, but as a blog that I like because it makes me laugh. Um, because you are crude and nasty about a lot of unfortunate things (like cripples, and midget sex, and...well, the list is lengthy and unmentionable) - just like ME.

Again, if you don't like people talking like that on your blog, then keep it off the blogs of others.

Geez, some people are just fucking dumb. Damn hoosier.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Butchie said...

I make fun of midget sex because it is funny and you know it.

I also spent a number of years working as a hab trainer and house manager for developementally disabled persons. While doing so I had every bodily fluid that you can think of thrown at me, including blood from a Hep B carrier). I have been attacked numerous times (with a knife, a hand saw, a broken plate, etc.) I wiped grown men's asses and cleaned up a shit mural or two. I have earned the the right to make fun of poo flingers.

Find a comment that I have made about a toddler being sexually attractive.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Butchie said...

You still love me, fucko. Your feelings are just hurt.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger sammyray said...

LOL Yeah, I still love you. I want to have a baby with you, and when that baby gets old enough...say, the second trimester, I want to have intercourse with it.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger sammyray said...

That's what my Daddy always told me too. Curious.

Well, I guess intercourse with said fetus might be difficult, but not impossible, thanks to my enormous dick.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger toobusyliving said...

I want sammy to find me pretty too.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Butchie said...

It's always good to keep the lines of communication open.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger sammyray said...

@ toobusyliving: Look, I can only have one baby at a time. Wait your turn.

And don't worry, you will get one.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger sammyray said...

@ Butchie: Not if there's just a dialtone on one end.

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Woozie said...

Pass the dutchie on the left hand side.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger sammyray said...

@ Suspect: It is never a good thing when two great warriors must do battle. Or in this case, one and a half-wit.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Fidel Castro said...

Most enjoyable. I'm retiring.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Woozie said...

I have read my manual, yes. I haven't been properly configured, it appears.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Stevenapolis said...

wow Ray, last I checked: 201 profile views. It seems your battles are entertaining. Now leave ME alone. I've got some shit murals to make...

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Woozie said...

My balls itch Mr. Ray.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Pixie said...

That is fantastic! I hope to see much more of them, good for you tackling flash! I keep looking but Nah...

Love the flasher in the back of the truck, and the "bush" quote.

Great work!

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger sammyray said...

@ Pixie: Thanks for the compliments, Pixie! That's awesome coming from an artist such as yourself! If you ever need Flash for your web design...you know, like a boy waving his cock in the wind...I am your man!!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Pixie said...

LMAO, I cant think of any situations off the top of my head where I would need one but I will keep it in mind.

As for the artist bit me ? No you have oddles more talent.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger sammyray said...

LOL WHATEVA

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Keep up the great work, Cheers!
- forsammyray.blogspot.com i
spaghetti alla carbonara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Go here for free counters, bitches