Saturday, October 28, 2006

WE WIN!!!!!!!!

One quick update - the St. Louis Cardinals are the World Series Champions.

You may remember when I wrote about the Cardinals in October. Well I'll be damned ... the trials ended up making the victory even sweeter.

It is 3 in the morning and I am home from a couple of hours of literally drunkenly running through the streets of downtown St. Louis, hugging and high-fiving random strangers. My voice is completely gone. I desperately need to go to sleep. Someday, I promise I will.

It is a madhouse here, as Charlton Heston might have said if he was the guy in the gorilla suit in the SUV that I hugged more than once. Of course, Heston would have shot me. Thankfully, he is near death and not able to hurt me like beer has over the last few weeks.

Let me reiterate: The Cardinals, possibly the worst team EVER in a World Series, won the goddamn thing. David Eckstein, the tiniest ballplayer in major league history (he stands around 5'7" and weighs approximately 82 pounds) won the Series MVP. Which means, for you and me, that the little and insignificant runt can win anything they want if they only set their mind to accomplish it. And if that doesn't inspire you, then you're a dumbshit who will never accomplish anything in life.

And if that hurt you, then go watch the Cardinals and their amazing victory again. You'll feel better, I promise.

Time to rest, with a smile on my face. I love you.

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger eccentric recluse said...

Well, here's to the Cards and to you Sammy. Take a couple of excedrin and note that Mizzou got its tigerpaw ass whooped today by the Okies...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Go here for free counters, bitches