Friday, February 09, 2007

The Website


Alright, kiddies ... the bones in my right hand are nearly healed, and the website I mentioned in my last post (fuck, a WEEK ago ... I have been a bad, bad blogger) is finished and has successfully endured several days of testing.


It can be found right HERE.

"The Rec" was a radio show put together by myself and two friends of mine - Chris and Eric -back in 2002. At that time the show focused solely on music, and was designed as a show that would encompass all forms of music. During the show's run, we played rock, pop, country, classical, TV and movies themes, experimental, and everything in between.

The show was on the internet at the dawn of podcasting, and it was being shopped to various local radio stations here in St. Louis when we broke up over an on-air fight between Chris and Eric.

We didn't speak to each other for a year.

Then, a local documentarian was putting together a film about the internet's role in the democratization of media, and he wanted to put our show into the movie. So we grudgingly came back together for a series of interviews, which led to a filmed live show, which has led to the reformation of the show.

And now this.

The internet definitely DOES NOT need another media site, but this one will definitely have a different attitude. We don't have audio/video casting up and running just yet due to scheduling problems, but that will be very soon. In the meantime, the site will start running features in all phases of entertainment.

I mainly tell you guys this because I told you I was trying to build a website - my first one ever - and I am kinda happy that I managed to do it. The whole process took a lot out of me, since I don't know what the fuck I am doing.

Anyway, have a looksee, and let me know what you think, or if there are any improvements to be made to the site.

As for this blog, I will now return to it full force. Even though I will be writing many articles for the new site, much of what goes through my mind won't fit that site's format, so it'll go here :) I apologize for abandoning you guys so much of the last month.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!!

Oh, and I guess I will need to turn on filters, since the medical supply guys are spamming me. Does that actually WORK?? Who clicks on that shit???

8 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Woozie said...

My vote went to Golddigger.

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went over and had a look. You did a really good job on it. Lots of bells and whistles.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger sammyray said...

Thanks guys ...

Let's see ... Wooz voted "golddigger" so ryk, you must've voted "cleavage."

LOL

I am going to like that poll.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Mo Diggs said...

Oooh me like it.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Pixie said...

Great Job :)

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Me said...

It's a good looking site. Well done, dude. Good to hear the hand has healed, also.

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Kshitij L said...

This time play classic rock a lot.

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Hi Sammy....Good Job. Although I am not knowledgeable on pop culture (music & movies & such) i did check your site out. It was really easy to get around and to understand. All your links worked. Your font & colors & format was very user friendly. I think you did a damn good job for not knowing wtf you were doing! How will people find you?
Not trying to spam you, but if you remember I too started a website when you did ...JustGiveMePeace.com if you wanna check it out. LOL, I really don't know wtf I am doing either...so it changes everyday. Sometimes a little, sometimes alot. I seem to learn something new each day & if you have any constructive criticisms, please share. My email is my moniker at hotmail dot com.

P&L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Go here for free counters, bitches