Friday, January 05, 2007

To The Hilton

For the latest movie news, including my recent feature about "Godzilla," go to Obsessed With Film!

Lately I have found myself wandering over to Perez Hilton to gawk at the tawdry, unseemly gossip, rumor, and innuendo that oozes gloriously through every pinkly-glowing pore on the site. Actually, in all honesty, I go there every single day, and no amount of bathing or counseling can make the shame peel away.

Perez Hilton is one of the true success stories in the blogging world; his site averages nearly four million hits A DAY. He built this massive promotional and money-making machine over the course of one year while sitting in a coffee shop because he couldn't afford internet in his apartment. The VERY openly gay and pudgy Perez, through snarky antics and tireless work, made himself such a success that his Frankenberry face showed up as host of MTV's New Year's Eve telecast. Amazing.

I drew all over that picture of Perez because that is what he's famous for: drawing cum and/or cocaine in the mouths and nostrils of celebrities, especially those in the closet, like Wentworth Miller. Take this, for example:
While I do find much humor in what the guy does, the public outing of celebrities is unacceptable. As a gay man himself, Hilton should know better than to publicly harass and out famous people who are obviously not comfortable with melding their sexuality and their professional lives.

Hilton has made a good living out of trashing our celebrity trash, and I have become one of the addicted masses. Like heroin or McDonald's, Perez Hilton is a habit, and one that I will probably shamefully crave until the day it kills me.


I hate myself.



9 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I had never heard of Perez Hilton before and your link didn't work but a quick google got me there. It's tacky and trashy and titillating. I'll probably only go there once or twice a week.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger sammyray said...

thanks for the heads up ... link's fixed.

Don't go there, ryk ... it'll eat you alive!!!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Kønig Hasemörder said...

as tempting as fish flavorer ice cream.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Kønig Hasemörder said...

flavored, god damn it.

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your OWF link seems a bit messed up.

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you agree with every questionable thing Perez, expect the outing?

And you think he would draw line there?

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger me and the other me said...

evolve sammyray, evolve!!!!!!!!!!!!
most symptoms of addictions only last around 48 hours- you can do it!
p.s. i tried to link back to you but for some damn reason, i just can't get it right. argh.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Mo Diggs said...

Thank you for reading Perez Hilton for me.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Sammy, I'd never heard of him or his site either. When I first started reading your post, I thought he was perhaps related to the Hilton sisters!? LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Go here for free counters, bitches