Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Falling In Love


I have been thinking a lot about falling in love lately. Maybe it's the weather. Maybe I need hormone injections. Maybe I need to fall in love.

And why not? Guys have emotional needs, too. Unfortunately guys must live by a set of societal rules known as the Macho Playbook, and on page one it states: "At no time may a male show himself vulnerable, physically or otherwise. This includes showing his asshole (mooning is acceptable), and any display that might betray some emotion other then gas, excitement, or arousal."

But not me - I am anti-macho.

So here's a little poem I wrote to deal with my love frustration.

True Love

I imagine,

Had the deer run on,
It may have survived.

Some freeze in the light;
Some leap.

This deer died,
Not from a strike,
But paralysis in the light,

A frozen blink of an eye
At the unknown

Speeding by.

1 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Stevenapolis said...

A poet too, wow ray im impressed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Go here for free counters, bitches