Sunday, August 27, 2006

Tasteless Tongue in Cheek

My friend Steve has a Vietnamese girlfriend. If that isn't disgusting enough, her name is Nung, which sounds like a fungus that grows on a fat woman's pussy.

As a concerned friend, I warned Steve about the dangers of having a Vietnamese girlfriend. You can never tell when Nung might suffer a flashback, poop on a sharp stick, and stab Steve in the foot or abdomen, causing gangrene. Or, she might pop up out of a hamper or a pile of leaves and slit his throat. And, of course, there is the ever present danger that she might serve him poisoned alleycat.

And for this, Steve accused me of being a racist.

I, on the other hand, consider myself to be anti-racist. Only when we can make fun of our differences can we say that we are comfortable with them. Much like when black guys call each other "nigger" - oops, I mean NIGGA - I play with stereotypes because they are such jokes to begin with that referencing them becomes its own type of humor. To wit:



(this is from The Chappelle Show - a black guy with a sense of humor)

Every single day I have gay jokes hurled at me. Some are actually funny, some are feeble. My issue isn't whether or not the joke is TASTEFUL...all that matters is whether the joke is FUNNY. In fact, I probably make as many gay jokes about myself as others do. I simply do not take myself so seriously that I might be offended.

Others shouldn't take themselves so seriously, either. Do I think all black men have small trees for dicks? No, unless they've gone through puberty. Do I think all Japanese are intelligent? No, they build paper houses under a volcano. Do I actually believe Nung is right now sharpening a stick and working up an unhealthy shit in order to hurt Steve? Of course not. But it's fun to think that she MIGHT.

The facts show that St. Louis is one of the most racially divided cities in the USA. My high school ranked in the top five for violence in the state. The attitudes around me could either harden me to other races, religions, and orientations, or it could make me more openminded. I have chosen to shrug my shoulders and not take it so seriously.

Of course, it helps that I am a white suburban male. Thank God.

3 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger sammyray said...

Thank you so much for your kind offer :) I'm sure all of my dear readers will look forward to seeing you fulfill your promise.

Actually you make a good point before you got all nasty lol ... everybody has handicaps of one kind or another. You can spend your life whining about them, or you can get off your ass and work harder. Black people being slaves 200 years ago has nothing to do with lying around all day drinking malk liquor and playing video games.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Stevenapolis said...

ray, the wholw puttin down my girlfriend is really to much. At least to the degree you take it. NOT ALLVIETNAMESE WANT TO SLAUGHTER AMERICANS WITH SHIT ON A STICK. IN FACT, 1 out of 7,000 MIGHT, maybe. But your a funny guy ray.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger sammyray said...

Sorry Stevie. All I can say, though, is if she serves you something with a tail, RUN as fast as you can!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Go here for free counters, bitches